Monday, September 05, 2005

Weeding bonanza for Kokola

The last 2 days have been weeding days in the front garden - pulling out the weeds and the grasses which are growing where they shouldn't. Kokola loves chewing on the grass stems at the juicy roots, preferably with soil attached. The last 2 days have been a bonanza (overwhelming) for him - the bottom of his cage is piled high with clumps of grass. He's often more fascinated by my rubber gloves than the bunches of grass I hand him!

His continuing passion for cashew nuts has increased his repertoire - when I ask him "Who's my darling?" he replies, "Kokola". He's almost perfect now in mimicking my random sequences of "Hello Kokola" & "Go to Bed" and in his over eagerness to earn the cashew nut, he overshoots me and continues talking when I've stopped. He has the cutest way of waving & saying Hello. And in his enthusiasm, he says "Come!Come!Come!" as he hurries to the door to greet me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home